Saturday, May 14, 2016

Saturday slow down

There was no alarm set for Saturday, and I actually slept past 8 A.M.  I literally shot out of bed when I woke up.  I’d scared myself sleeping so late!  Others started waking slightly afterward. 

The doorbell rang by 9 A.M. by a courier from Kingdom Strollers.  We had rented a VERY nice stroller for our trip and were extremely pleased with the product and service.  There were umbrella-style strollers in the garage we could use today if we needed it.  We did not have a stroller for the cruise. 
Nan made eggs and John made toast as I quickly gathered all the dirty laundry and loaded up a suitcase and laundry basket.  John helped me to the van and I headed to a Laundromat I’d scoped out from home months earlier.  It was clean, bright, and I had seven day’s worth of 8 people’s laundry clean and (mostly) folded in about 80-90 minutes. 
IMG_6845

I was back in no time and joined them swimming.
DSC_4772
DSC_4777DSC_4783DSC_4796DSC_4798
We decided to go to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) around 2 P.M.
Now – this is where I confess that I had NOT read up at all on what was going on there, except to know it had changed names and had some new restaurants.  I did NOT know it was a hot mess of construction.  Our visit two years ago had us enjoying the same adjoining parking lots we’d always found RIGHT near the stores we liked to visit.  I knew they had went to a parking garage in that area.  I did NOT know it wasn’t finished yet.  We had a frustrating walk from a temporary lot in a bank to the marketplace area.  The first store we walked into (Once Upon a Toy) had a gigantic Star Wars section.  HUGE.  So fun to look at.  We had a significant amount of money left of our Disney gift cards and so many souvenirs to chose from. 
IMG_6854IMG_6855IMG_6856IMG_6857
IMG_6861
Here’s that thing where they tell me how much they love the books they are looking at and Amazon is telling me wait til we get home.
 
20160514_160542
I bought nothing.  Not one thing piqued my interest enough to take home! 
We shopped for quite a while and our intention was to find somewhere to have dessert.  We decided on T-Rex.  It was fun enough, but we were fools.  See – they advertised a dessert as “enough for 4” but we doubted whether or not they truly understood how much we liked chocolate and how much we could eat, so we ordered three of those dessert plates for six of us.  And, yup, we threw a lot of it out.  Who knew?  (psssst….. they did)
IMG_6871
She couldn’t figure out how they knew her name.  We rewatched it a few times in the noisy T-Rex shop and figured out the bird’s name was Tabitha!
IMG_6866
 
We absolutely ruined ourselves for dinner.  I had over packed food for the vacation house and we determined what we would toss out, what we could leave in the car for a week, and what we could leave for the housekeeper.  We packed up as much as we could for a smooth exit in the morning and headed to bed with sweet memories of Disney and great expectations for the cruise.
That’s when I saw the cooler and rain covers from Kingdom Strollers.  The ones we’d be charged $60 if we didn’t return.  I emailed them, and they quickly responded even though it was now around 10 P.M.  We could return them to their distribution center in the morning.  It was in the opposite direction of where we needed to go, of course.  And it was about that time that we realized the baby had pushed in the lock to the powder room door and shut it.  From the outside.
to be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment